Enclosure for 1x NVMe
with USB 3.2 (Gen 2x2) Type-C® and Type-A interface
- ROBUST: A special aluminium alloy makes this enclosure very stable and protects it from external damage. Excellent heat dissipation is achieved through an elegant cooling fin design
- NEW STANDARD: USB 3.2 (Gen 2x2) realises transfer rates of up to 20 Gbit/s. This corresponds to up to 2500 MB per second. This means your data is transferred super fast
- COOLING: The heat inside the heat sink is ideally conducted to the outside of the enclosure via the heat sink and the silicone heat pad. This keeps the NVMe SSD cool even under full load
- EVERYTHING INCLUDED: The package contents of the external NVMe enclosure contain all the necessary cables to be prepared for any eventuality. No additional tools are needed to install the NVMe SSD
- SPECIALISED: The external NVMe enclosure offers space for an NVMe with the dimensions 22x80 mm. Other common formats are not supported by this enclosure and cannot be installed
High-grade aluminum enclosure for M.2 NVMe
Interface to host computer: USB 3.2 (Gen 2x2) Type-C® - up to 20 Gbit/s
USB Type-A cable for backward compatibility to USB 3.1/3.0/2.0
Innovative heat sink design with additional copper heat sink and silicone thermal pad for optimal passive cooling
LED for power and access
USB 3.2 (Gen 2x2)
Motherboards and external enclosures that support USB 20 Gbps ports are gaining ground even before the new USB 4 standard becomes widely available. If you are keeping up with the times, all your hard drives will seem lazy now, because the new ICY BOX M.2 NVMe enclosure is faster and more versatile than ever before!
USB 3.2 (Gen 2x2)-capable connections on computers are far from being standard, even though some of the latest generations of desktop motherboards already have them. This makes it all the more important to pay attention to the new USB specification. If you want to be a technology pioneer, you will be surprised by the incredible data transfer rates of the IB-1916M-C32 and use the perfect combination with our IB-PCI1901-C32 expansion card!
Two for All
Compare the contents of the package with the specific connections of your PC. If you only have USB 3.0 Type-A capable connections, the IB-1916M-C32 can still be connected and used but only a connection via USB 3.2 (Gen 2x2) will reach the full transfer rate.
|Material||Aluminum, steel, acrylic|
|Internal interface||M.2 M-Key PCIe x4 (NVMe)|
|Host connector||USB 3.2 (Gen 2x2) Type-C® or USB Type-A|
|Transfer rate||Up to 20 Gbit/s|
|M.2 SSD size||22x 80 mm|
|Operating system||Windows®, macOS®|
|Power connector||Via USB|
|Packing unit||40 pcs./carton|
|Total weight||11.4 kg|
|Gross weight (incl. packing)||0.269 kg|
|Net weight||0.138 kg|
|Dimension of packing box||100x35x200 mm|
|Dimension of article||110x45x19 mm|
|Country of origin||China|
What is M.2?
Which form factors are available?
M.2 SSDs are rectangular and have a male connector on each short side and a small recess on the other side to fix the SSD to the corresponding slot with a screw. Depending on the storage capacity, the SSDs are available with single-sided or double-sided PCBs.
What are M.2 Keys?
Compatibility to the host computer
Is an M.2 PCIe SSD with NVMe protocol faster than an M.2 SATA SSD with AHCI protocol?
How do I know which M.2 SSD works with this device?
Check the specification of your M.2 SSD. If interface and protocol match, the combination of enclosure and SSD will work. For example PCIe (interface) and NVMe (protocol).
Is a special driver required?
How do I install the SSD correctly?
•Make sure that the socket and the SSD fit together perfectly and without resistance (tongue and groove principle).
•Now carefully push the SSD down onto the PCB and fix the SSD with the included screw.
•If you use a heat sink, place the heat pad on the heat sink and place both now on the SSD.
•Make sure that the heat pad and the heat sink do not protrude over the SSD.
How do I activate write protection? (Not all enclosures are equipped with a write protection switch.)
• Use the supplied tool to slide the write protection switch to the left, in direction of the closed lock.
• Then reconnect the enclosure to your host computer.
• The write protection is now activated. This is indicated by the red status LED.
Can the enclosure also be connected to USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 ports?
The enclosure becomes warm during use.
How to cool my SSD?
What happens if I plug an M.2 SSD PCIe 3.0 x4/NVMe into a port that only supports PCIe x2?
Everything is connected, but no function.
To test your components, follow the steps below:
• Use the cables, SSD and enclosures in a different configuration to see if the problem with the components in another configuration persists.
• Use a different cable, SSD and enclosure one after the other to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in a different setup.
The SSD is not recognized by the operating system.
• Please check if the driver software is installed (USB).
• Sometimes it is possible that the M.2 SSD slot has to share the PCIe lanes with other devices. In this case one of the interfaces may be deactivated. Please refer to the documentation of your motherboard and activate the M.2 SSD in the BIOS mode.
My Samsung 970 EVO Plus is not recognized.
You can update the firmware using the Samsung "Samsung Magician" tool.