Enclosure for 1x NVMe
with USB 3.1 (Gen 2) Type-C® and Type-A interface and LED stripes
- ROBUST: The high-quality aluminium housing is very stable and protects the SSD from external damage. The use of an elegant cooling fin design also ensures excellent heat dissipation
- VERSATILE: The enclosure offers high compatibility and supports all common lengths of NVMe SSDs (22x30/42/60/80). It can be used flexibly and is easy to transport. If necessary, the use of a mobile operating system is also possible
- VERY FAST: Thanks to the Type-C interface and USB 3.1 (Gen 2), transfer rates of up to 10 Gbit/s are achieved. This means your data can be transferred at lightning speed
- COOLING: There is an excellent cooling effect due to the heat sink and the included silicone heat pad. Heat is conducted to the outside to protect your M.2 SSD from overheating and prolong its life
- AMBIENT LIGHTING: The case has two LED strips that decorate the heat sink with smoothly transitioning RGB lighting. The colour gradient is automatic and creates a beautiful atmosphere
Enclosure for one M.2 NVMe SSD up to 80 mm
Two cables included: USB 3.1 (Gen 2) Type-C® and Type-A
Write protection activation via a switch
High-grade aluminum enclosure with innovative cooling fins design
RGB lighting stripes with changing colors
Design at a new level
Upgrade your NVMe SSD and take your style to the next level with the IB-1824ML-C31. The two LED strips, which decorate the housing with flowing RGB ambient lighting, provide more individuality.
Keep it cool
The patented cooling plate on the inside passes on the heat generated by the SSD to the housing, thus providing optimum cooling of the SSD. This prevents the otherwise usual premature reduction of the transfer rate to protect against overheating. With the IB-1824M-C31, data can therefore be permanently sent from A to B at a maximum transfer rate of up to 10 Gbit/s.
Click - safe
Sensitive data can now be easily protected against deletion or changes by using the write protection switch. The write protection switch can be moved quickly and easily to the desired position with the mini tool supplied and a small hand movement. Click - safe!
|Output interface||USB 3.2 (Gen 2) Type-C®|
|Transfer rate||PCIe 3.0 x2 up to 10 Gbit/s|
|Internal interface||M-Key socket for NVMe SSDs - PCIe 3.0 x2|
|SSD capacity||Up to 2 TB|
|Power connector||Via USB|
|LED||Power, access, write protection|
|Operating system||Windows®, macOS®|
|Packing unit||40 pcs./carton|
|Total weight||9.30 kg/carton|
|Gross weight (incl. packing)||0,216 kg|
|Net weight||0,100 kg|
|Dimension of packing box||25x100x200 mm|
|Dimension of article||105x40x15 mm|
|Country of origin||China|
What is M.2?
What form factors are available?
M.2 SSDs are rectangular and have a male connector on each short side and a small recess on the other side to fix the SSD to the corresponding slot with a screw. Depending on the storage capacity, the SSDs are available with single-sided or double-sided PCBs.
What are M.2 Keys?
Compatibility to the host computer?
Is a M.2 PCIe SSD with NVMe protocol faster than a M.2 SATA SSD with AHCI protocol?
How do I know which M.2 drives work in this device?
Is a special driver required?
How do I install the SSD correctly?
•Make sure that the socket and the SSD fit together perfectly and without resistance (tongue and groove principle).
•Now carefully push the SSD down onto the PCB and fix the SSD with the included screw.
•If you use a heat sink, place the heat pad on the heat sink and place both now on the SSD.
•Make sure that the heat pad and the heat sink do not protrude over the SSD.
How do I activate write protection? (Not all enclosures are equipped with a write protection switch.)
• Use the supplied tool to slide the write protection switch to the left, in direction of the closed lock.
• Then reconnect the enclosure to your host computer.
• The write protection is now activated. This is indicated by the red status LED.
Can the enclosure also be connected to USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 ports?
The enclosure becomes warm during use.
How to cool my SSD?
What happens if I plug an M.2 SSD PCIe 3.0 x4/NVMe into a port that only supports PCIe x2?
Everything is connected, but no function.
To test your components, follow the steps below:
Use the cables, SSD, and enclosures in a different configuration to see if the problem is with the components or the configuration In your setup.
Use a different cable, SSD, and enclosure to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in a different setup.
The SSD is not recognized by the operating system.
Please check if the driver software is installed (USB).
Sometimes it can be possible that the M.2-SSD slot has to share the PCIe lanes with other devices. In this case one of the interfaces may be deactivated. Please refer to the documentation of your motherboard and activate the M.2 SSD in BIOS mode.
My Samsung 970 EVO Plus is not recognized.
You can update the firmware using the Samsung "Samsung Magician" tool.