Adapter for 1x HDD/SSD
with USB 3.0 Type-A interface and plastic enclosure
- SIMPLY CONNECTED: Connect your SATA III hard drives or SSDs to your PC or notebook via USB Type-A and easily access the data they contain
- BEST STORED: The connection cable IB-AC703-U3 comes to you with a storage box for your 2.5″ hard disk. Your storage medium is always well protected
- FAST DATA TRANSFER: Your data is transferred with up to 5 Gbit/s via USB 3.0 Type-A. In addition, the hard drive is directly supplied with power
- PLUG & PLAY: Plug in and get started! No additional driver is required for your computer to recognize the hard disk. Mac and Windows systems recognize the memory immediately
- STATUS LED: You are always well informed with the integrated status LED. A constant blue light shows that the memory is connected, a flashing light indicates data access
Adapter cable for 2.5" HDDs/SSDs
USB 3.0 up to 5 Gbit/s
Including HDD protection box up to 9.5 mm
EasySwap® - Toolless HDD installation
Hot Swap and Plug & Play
LED for power and HDD access
Fast data transfer
The IB-AC703-U3 can achieve up to 5 Gbit/s with USB 3.0. This means fast data transfer and reliability! The adapter supports Hot Swap and Plug and Play so driver-free start-up and rapid exchange is possible.
Always at your side
Together with the provided protection case (max. HDD height 9.5 mm) your harddisk is protected from schock and dust. With the universal USB 3.0 interface there is always a way to connect and exchange data. Thanks to the driverless plug & play feature its fast and easy to connect to any PC.
A practical duo
The 2.5" SATA to USB 3.0 HDD adapter can be used alone or in combination with the supplied plastic protective box. The advantage of the adapter compared to an external hard drive enclosures is that you can change the hard disk quickly without screws or any other tools.
|HDD interface||1x 2.5" SATA III|
|HDD size (inch)||2.5"|
|HDD height||Up to 9.5 mm (within protection box)|
|Hard drive capacity||No capacity limitation|
|Plug & Play||Yes|
|External data interface||1x USB 3.0 with UASP support|
|Operating system||Windows, Mac|
|Transfer rate||USB 3.0 up to 5 Gbit/s|
|LED||Power and access|
|Power Supply||USB powered|
|Packing unit||90 pcs./carton|
|Total weight||9.2 kg/carton|
|Gross weight (incl. packing)||0.093 kg|
|Net weight||0.062 kg|
|Dimension of packing box||190x110x20 mm|
|Dimension of article||130x80x16 mm|
|Country of origin||China|
Compatibility with the host computer
Are cables included in the package content?
If you want to connect a USB Type-C® enclosure to a USB Type-A connector, it is possible to use an adapter from ICY BOX (IB-CB015). The same works in the other direction from USB Type-A to USB Type-C® (IB-CB003).
Up to which hard disk capacity can I equip the ICY BOX?
Can a HDD be removed from an external HDD and installed into an ICY BOX?
Are special drivers required?
Can the enclosure also be connected to USB 2.0 ports?
Do I need a power supply for my external 2.5" enclosure?
Why is the HDD/SSD not recognized?
If the HDD/SSD is new, it must first be correctly formatted and partitioned before it is displayed in the system.
Use a different USB port on your notebook or PC.
Check if the power supply is connected and the external enclosure is switched on with the on/off switch (only for 3.5" enclosures).
Update the USB 3.0 / USB 3.1 drivers of your notebook/PC or mainboard. Current USB drivers can be found on the website of your mainboard manufacturer.
Everything is connected, but no function.
To test your components, proceed as follows:
- Use the cables, hard drives, and enclosures on another system to see if your system is the source of the problem.
- Use a different cable, HDD/SSD, and hard disk enclosure one after the other to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in a different setup.