SINGLE enclosure for 5x HDD
with USB 3.1 (Gen 2) Type-C® and Type-A interface and fan
- MORE STORAGE: The IB-3805-C31 hard disk enclosure from ICY BOX offers space for 5x 3.5'' SATA I/II/III drives. In single mode, each drive can also be controlled individually
- WELL COOLED: The sturdy case is largely made of high-quality aluminium. This dissipates heat well. For demanding tasks, the 120 mm fan provides even more cooling
- TOP SPEED: The ICY BOX case is connected to the PC via a USB 3.1 (Gen 2) Type-C port. This promises speeds of up to 10 Gbit/s. This guarantees fast working
- VERY ENERGY-SAVING: The hard drive enclosure from ICY BOX has a stand-by mode that automatically puts the hard drives into sleep mode during longer periods of inactivity to save energy
- EASY INSTALLATION: The carrierless hard drive installation makes it very easy to install and remove the hard drives. Switching on and off is even possible during operation thanks to HotSwap
External SINGLE System for 5x 3.5" SATA I, II, III (6 Gbit/s) drives
Interface to PC: USB 3.1 Type-C™, UASP, up to 10 Gbit/s
Additional USB 3.1 (Gen 2) Type-C™ HUB interface
EasySwap, assembling by trayless and toolless design
Quiet operation through 120 mm fan
HotSwap and Plug & Play
Trust is good, control is better
The Kensington Lock support and locks on each HDD tray offer security and protection from accidental removal of the hard drives. They may instead be switched on and off individually with the power buttons on each tray. The LEDs displays additionally show the status of each HDD.
The capabilities of the IB-3805-C31 include various convenient functions. For example the tool-less HDD installation, the energy-saving standby mode, the HotSwap ability, Plug & Play, and support for both Windows® and macOS® system
It´s (not) getting hot
The housing is made mainly of aluminum and is therefore stable and conducts heat particularly well. The cooling of the drives during heavy operation is also ensured by a large 120 mm fan on the back.
|Material||Aluminium / Plastic|
|HDD size||3,5" SATA|
|Plug & Play||Yes|
|Transfer rate||USB 3.1 (Gen 2) up to 10 Gbit/s|
|External interface||USB 3.1 (Gen 2) Type-C™|
|Operating system||The enclosure only supplies the full data transfer rate of up to 10 Gbit/s via a USB 3.1 (Gen 2) USB Type-C™ host interface. In some notebooks and computers a USB|
|Power connector||Internal power supply, Input: AC 100~240 V, Output: 12 V/19 A, 5 V/14.5 A (300 W)|
|Packing unit||2 pcs./carton|
|Total weight||12.2 kg/carton|
|Gross weight (incl. packing)||5.62 kg|
|Net weight||4,61 kg|
|Dimension of packing box||235x370x290 mm|
|Dimension of article||268x150x186 mm|
|Country of origin||China|
Compatibility with the host computer
Are cables included in the package content?
If you want to connect a USB Type-C® enclosure to a USB Type-A connector, it is possible to use an adapter from ICY BOX (IB-CB015). The same works in the other direction from USB Type-A to USB Type-C® (IB-CB003).
Up to which hard disk capacity can I equip the ICY BOX?
Can a HDD be removed from an external HDD and installed into an ICY BOX?
Are special drivers required?
Can the enclosure also be connected to USB 2.0 ports?
Do I need a power supply for my external 2.5" enclosure?
Why is the HDD/SSD not recognized?
If the HDD/SSD is new, it must first be correctly formatted and partitioned before it is displayed in the system.
Use a different USB port on your notebook or PC.
Check if the power supply is connected and the external enclosure is switched on with the on/off switch (only for 3.5" enclosures).
Update the USB 3.0 / USB 3.1 drivers of your notebook/PC or mainboard. Current USB drivers can be found on the website of your mainboard manufacturer.
Everything is connected, but no function.
To test your components, proceed as follows:
- Use the cables, hard drives, and enclosures on another system to see if your system is the source of the problem.
- Use a different cable, HDD/SSD, and hard disk enclosure one after the other to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in a different setup.