Enclosure for 1x HDD/SSD
with USB 3.0 Type-A interface and silicone sleeve
- MORE STORAGE SPACE: With the housing for 2.5″ SSD or HDD you can easily expand your storage possibilities. Hard drives up to a height of 15 mm find space in the housing
- REALLY FAST: USB 3.0 guarantees you data transfer rates of up to 5 Gbit/s. We have packed the matching USB Type-A cable for you directly with it
- ROBUST DESIGN: The aluminum case provides a safe home for your data. Additional protection is promised by the silicone shell, which optimally absorbs shocks
- DOUBLE SECURITY: Another feature for the security of your data is the write protection integrated on the housing. You simply flip the switch and your data is already secured
- ABSOLUTELY SILENT: In operation, your new hard drive housing works almost silently. The aluminum case provides sufficient cooling and thus a fan can be omitted
External Aluminium enclosure for a 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD
USB 3.0 host interface - up to 5 Gbit/s
Plug & Play and Hot Swap
LED for power and access
Switch for write protection
Including silicon protection cover
A silent partner
Thanks to the fanless design and the aluminum enclosure, silent cooling is possible. Thus, making the IB-256WP a silent companion through the daily work. The silicone sleeve protects the enclosure from accidentally slipping off the table or, in a worst-case scenario, from damage.
The second line of defense is the write-protection. It can be enabled via switch so the data is protected from accidental editing or even virus infection.
The enclosure is equipped with a USB 3.0 interface so it works with most common PCs and Laptops. It can transfer data with transfer rates of up to 5 Gbit/s to the host device and supplies power to the enclosure.
|HDD interface||1x 2.5" SATA I/II/III 6 Gbit/s|
|HDD height||7 - 15 mm|
|HDD capacity||No limit|
|Plug & Play||Yes|
|Transfer rate||USB 3.0 up to 5 Gbit/s|
|External data interface||1x USB 3.0|
|Operating system||OS independent|
|Power connector||USB powered|
|Packing unit||20 pcs./carton|
|Total weight||5.5 kg/carton|
|Gross weight (incl. packing)||0,243 kg|
|Net weight||0,152 kg|
|Dimension of packing box||206x130x38 mm|
|Dimension of article||115x80x23 mm|
|Country of origin||China|
Compatibility with the host computer
Are cables included in the package content?
If you want to connect a USB Type-C® enclosure to a USB Type-A connector, it is possible to use an adapter from ICY BOX (IB-CB015). The same works in the other direction from USB Type-A to USB Type-C® (IB-CB003).
Up to which hard disk capacity can I equip the ICY BOX?
Can a HDD be removed from an external HDD and installed into an ICY BOX?
Are special drivers required?
Can the enclosure also be connected to USB 2.0 ports?
Do I need a power supply for my external 2.5" enclosure?
Why is the HDD/SSD not recognized?
If the HDD/SSD is new, it must first be correctly formatted and partitioned before it is displayed in the system.
Use a different USB port on your notebook or PC.
Check if the power supply is connected and the external enclosure is switched on with the on/off switch (only for 3.5" enclosures).
Update the USB 3.0 / USB 3.1 drivers of your notebook/PC or mainboard. Current USB drivers can be found on the website of your mainboard manufacturer.
Everything is connected, but no function.
To test your components, proceed as follows:
- Use the cables, hard drives, and enclosures on another system to see if your system is the source of the problem.
- Use a different cable, HDD/SSD, and hard disk enclosure one after the other to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in a different setup.